TIPS FOR SUBMITTERS: Upon successful submission, your event will appear on this site, as well as on Twitter and Facebook. These social media posts will be created automatically from the text that you enter. To ensure the best possible cross-promotion for your event, here are some suggestions:
- Be concise and specific! A good title is “Plastered Poets Reading Series presents Joe Schlobtnik“. A bad title is “On Thursday, December 28 at 2pm (doors open at 1:30) at the 2nd Street Legion…“. Save details and other information for later, in the “Details” field, where you can write to your heart’s content, and you’ll end up with better automated Tweets and Facebook posts.
- Don’t be repetitive! Do not use description space for the date, time, location, or other data that is collected in other fields.
- Be helpful! In the details field, include a link(s) to sites with additional information, especially official event sites, which may be updated if the event changes.
- A picture is worth an open bar! Okay, not really, but it’s a good way to get more attention. Upload a photo with the event, if available – preferably a small photo. It wil be shown beside your event on Facebook and within your event listing on this site. Images of people are good; images of event posters are less helpful.
- Cross promote! Are you on Twitter or Facebook? Follow us, and then re-share your event posts when they appear.