Location: Roundhouse Community Centre, 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver, BC
Satirical, romantic, touching and inspiring, the Indian Acts play readings are definitely worth seeing! This year, 18th Annual Talking Stick Festival’s Indian Acts: Stage reading series prepares six Indigenous Stories all of which are Pay- What -You- Can and presented at the Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre.
– Little Red Warrior and His Lawyer: A satirical fable about power, politics, and procreation on February 23, 7pm
– You Used to Call Me Marie: Two souls in six different Métis love stories move through six different distinct periods in history on February 27, 7pm
– The Seventh Fire: telling a story of returning on February 24, 4pm
– Keeping The Fire Burning: A story between a tough woman and fire on February 24, 4pm
– White Noise: A comedy about two Canadian families having dinner for the first time during the Truth and Reconciliation week on March 2, 3pm.
– Indian Act: Residential School Plays: Miserable but unforgettable, the history about Residential School should listen! Seven Plays by contemporary First Nations and Métis playwrights gives voice to those who could not be heard on February 26, 7pm