Location: Cottage Bistro, 4470 Main St, Vancouver, BC
THE FLAME: A fiery grassroots storytelling series where Real People share their personal True Stories in front of a live audience.
7pm the first Wednesday of the month at COTTAGE BISTRO . We recommend arriving early as our venue always fills to capacity by 6:30 pm. Admission by donation.
RULES OF THE FLAME:
1. Stories must be TRUE.
2. Stories must be about YOU.
3. Stories must be told in a FEW. (8 minutes or less!)
WANT TO SHARE YOUR TRUE STORY AT THE FLAME?
HERE’S HOW YOU DO IT!
1. See The Flame first! Get familiar with the room, the audience and how the evening is run by attending at least one Flame event.
2. Listen to The FLAME CAST! – Story archives from previous shows!
3. Read “FLAME STORYTELLING” and “A FLAME STORY IS TRUE” under the FILE tab on The Flame’s Facebook page.
3. Write your True Story Pitch!… We’re looking for a concise synopsis that clearly charts the beginning, middle and end of your story. (500 words will do.) Please include your phone number and active email address.
4. EMAIL STORY PITCHES TO BOTH: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
We will respond to all story submissions.
Everyone has a story to tell and we want to hear yours!